Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Post in 12 Lines (from Mama Kat's writing prompts)



The hot, lazy, hazy days of summer are here. 

I still have to go to work (vacation end of August) but it feels different; easier 

There are no more fights over homework or studying (or not!) for tests. 

The BBQ is being used far more, often with a cold bevvy in hand. 

The air conditioner is also being used to the max – can’t stand a hot apartment!   

We are eating more berries and salads now that the produce is coming from local farms and not Ecuador (or wherever!) 

Soccer season is in full swing and, after a long day in the office, I don’t really mind sitting on the sidelines in the fresh air to cheer them on. 

Sleepovers will be on the rise which means my grocery budget will also go up.  Where do those boys put all the calories?! 

I love that the kids can cycle wherever they want to go. 

Both of my kids love their day camp program and have both found friends there that they already knew as well as new ones. 

Speaking of the program, they are getting far more field trips than I get – I’m jealous! 

Ice cream!  (no elaboration needed here) 

Mama’s Losin’ It

Kat 

8 comments:

  1. I completely understand the a/c, I can't stand being hot either.

    And the ice cream :)

    Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never sleep without the a/c and, trust me, nobody wants to be around when I'm hot AND tired (shudder), lol!

      Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. If only there could be a little less heat and humidity, it would be absolutely perfect. At least I've got my a/c ;)

      Delete
  3. Perfectly captures what summer is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can eat bbq and ice cream year round, but they TASTE better in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunshine and green grass definitely have that affect!

      Delete