Monday, April 28, 2014

I'm doing it!

A little while back, I announced that I want to try my hand at fiction.  Considering how much I love reading, it kind of makes sense that I would like to try my hand at a bit of story telling of my own.

It was suggested to me that maybe I should created a page on this blog devoted to it but I'm fearful enough of failure that I don't want to mess with this blog like that so I've created a completely separate blog for this.

I've decided to call this new blog, appropriately enough, Tinkering with Fiction.

At this point, I have posted an introduction and have a couple of posts ready to go.  I'm starting out using writing prompts from Indie Chick Lit and a book of writing prompts that I bought a while back and, as my confidence grows, hope to branch out with prompts from my own head.

I can't promise great, prize-worthy, works of art but I hope to not disappoint either.



Kathy




4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Good for you. It's crazy how as much as we love to write, the fear of rejection and failure holds us back from our passion. I completely understand that. Wishing you the best with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I hope that I manage to get past my nerves and really get to enjoy myself with it.

      Delete
  2. Good luck!! I am excited to see what you come up with. =)

    ReplyDelete